Old 02-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Default red and green plastic

In article ,
(Zphysics1) wrote:

These platic 'mulches' are supposed to be used around tomatoes and green
veggies. Has anyone used them? Any comments?

/z.

I tried the red plastic last year.

I live near San Francisco so deal with cool foggy summers and figured
things couldn't be worse than the previous year. I grow tomatoes in
large pots on my deck as this is the only place safe from the deer. I
do choose short season varieties.

Frankly, I didn't see a huge difference in yield from previous years. I
did give some to my dad and tried to convince him to plant half the
tomatoes with the plastic and half without. It didn't happen. Maybe
this year I'll go over and help him plant so we will have a better idea
if the plastic makes much difference.

marcella