Old 17-03-2017, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Unable to ID this flower.....

On 14/03/2017 09:44, 66oldgit wrote:
On Sunday, 12 March 2017 10:36:46 UTC, Compo in Caithness wrote:
For some time now I have been trying to identify this flower. I apologise for the terrible picture but it's all I have. The plant is growing in a clump in a hedgerow in Caithness and I have seen them (This photo) in Arisaig on the west coast of Scotland. I don't know if it is a European/British wild flower or an escapee from gardens. The plant grows about 30-40cm tall. It flowers in late summer and dies back in winter, emerging once again in spring, so I am assuming it's a perennial. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an ID, please?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2924/...941be899_b.jpg

Bought this in a nursery outside of Warwick abought 10 years ago.it has spread somewhat but only about six foot square in that time.has pink flowers all summer! so mine NOT the bad one you need to destroy, I hope!

I've had it for years and I think you will find it's
Polygonum campanulatum Syn. Persicaria campanulata 'Rosenrot'
David @ a dull side of Swansea Bay

---
http://www.avg.com