Old 25-04-2017, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Subject

In article ,
Ermin Trude wrote:

I didn't see the mention of 5 packets of seeds.

It was there. It's typical Whitehall bureaucracy - there's no limit
if you import them commercially.

Maybe I worry too much about 'alien species' but one only has to look at
the havoc caused by the import of such plants as Himalayan Balsam and
other such plants.

Like, er, negligible? There is a hell of a lot of hysteria about
such things, but they aren't an ecological problem IN THE UK. The
point is that almost the entirety of our non-marine ecology is
comprised of species that have been introduced or have invaded in
the past 11,000 years.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.