Old 25-04-2017, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Sideshooting Spinach Medania ?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message news
In article ,
Bertie Doe wrote:
I've grown spinach in the past and they've always produced compact clumps
but haven't tried var Medania before. Purchased 1000 seeds for 99p, in a
grip-seal pouch. As with most online seeds, there's little aftercare
instructions.

A quick Google gets you :-
https://www.kingsseeds.com/Products/...pinach-Medania

Under 'What to do next' there's a ref to Sideshooting. Further Googling
mentions tomatoes and fruit bushes only. Anyone had any experience with
Medania. Do they send out 'plantlets' - like strawberries? TIA.

No, they don't. They are just like any other spinach.

Thanks Nick, I guess Kings seed don't use proof-readers :-)

They mention also that Spinach benefit from a high potash feed. Last week I
split some comfrey from the allotment and transplanted to the garden. As you
know, these are high in potash. After flowering I'll cut them down and use
the leaves as a wet mulch for the spinach :-
http://prntscr.com/bbv01f
There's always Tomorite, of course ;-)