Old 25-04-2017, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Trude Ermin Trude is offline

Default Subject

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:36:35 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article , Ermin
Trude wrote:

I didn't see the mention of 5 packets of seeds.

It was there.

'was' as in used to be or 'was' in that I missed it?

It's typical Whitehall bureaucracy - there's no limit if
you import them commercially.

With the proper certification.

Maybe I worry too much about 'alien species' but one only has to look at
the havoc caused by the import of such plants as Himalayan Balsam and
other such plants.

Like, er, negligible?

Ah, you've never seen what Himalayan Balsam can do to the banks of
waterways then? Nor what Japanese Knotweed can do and how difficult both
are to eradicate - Knotweed in particular.

There is a hell of a lot of hysteria about such
things, but they aren't an ecological problem IN THE UK.

Really? Do you honestly believe that? I'm speaking very much from
practical experience of both the ones I've mentioned - are you?