Old 25-04-2017, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sideshooting Spinach Medania ?

In article ,
Bertie Doe wrote:

They mention also that Spinach benefit from a high potash feed. Last week I
split some comfrey from the allotment and transplanted to the garden. As you
know, these are high in potash. After flowering I'll cut them down and use
the leaves as a wet mulch for the spinach :-
http://prntscr.com/bbv01f
There's always Tomorite, of course ;-)

The biggest problem with spinach is the weather. It needs reliable
water and humidity, and enough warmth and sun to grow, but not so
much that it bolts before producing worthwhile leaves. I have
never got more than two decent crops a year, and often don't get one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.