Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Pseudo parsnip or bindweed?

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 3 May 2017 15:08:22 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 3 May 2017 11:29:44 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 3 May 2017 10:33:46 +0100, David Rance

wrote:

Here's a photo of this unknown root:

http://rance.org.uk/chameau/unknownroot.jpg

Any help in identifying it welcome!

Parsnip.

But it doesn't smell like a parsnip and the leaves don't grow like a
parsnip!

You should have said :-)

I did! You failed to notice the details in the message I sent a few
minutes earlier. It took me a bit longer to post the photo on my
website.

But neither did you look at the leaves and tendrils in the photo! ;-)

I blame my wife, my expert, who has confessed to not looking at the
tendrils and
leaves. Interesting that a US website recommends it for its medicinal
properties, probably one mollecule/million litres.

I was wondering what the excuse would be. ;-)

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France