Old 16-05-2017, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Ants, slave labour in the compost

In article ,
says...

Interesting we use our 3 to take kitchen waste only, they turn into
wormeries which once again eat everything, we have them stood on brick
pavers to stop rats tunnelling in (they like to eat the worms!) But I
hadnt thought to compost weeds using an ant labour force, are there any
weeds you have found they don't cope with?

I don't compost pesky marestail and ground elder (both arrived in a
load of free soil last year)... I've spent too many hours removing them
to risk any further problems. But everything else I've put in there
disappears, roots and all.

Janet