Old 21-05-2017, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Wisteria

On 20 May 2017 16:06, earthstick wrote:
Is it true that Wisteria can grow underneath foundations and cause them to lift? How far do the roots travel?

We have had a Wisteria literally against our house wall for approx. 40
years. The trunk is huge, the house is still standing with no cracks
in the wall around the plant, Considering the age of some wisterias
against that walls of even older properties I can't see they can harm
buildings with their roots. Getting into roofs and gutters is another
matter.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden