Old 22-05-2017, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Hedge Trimming and Trimmer

On Sun, 21 May 2017 16:21:01 Ermin Trude wrote:

On Sun, 21 May 2017 21:37:30 +0100, David Rance wrote:

Reading about the support here for long-reach hedge trimmers, and
starting to think now that it's something I need, what are the
recommendations for a make. I have quite a long hedge of "charme" (which
can be quite tough) in France - I don't know what the name is in
English.

I use Mitox tools for most things when I need petrol power (leaf/snow
blower; hedge cutter, lopper, strimmer). Mitox do a multi-attachment
which means that once you have the power unit the accessories can be
bought as required.

Others curse Mitox. My experience is good though.

If you want to go really professional then Stihl would be my manufacturer
of choice.

I know the merits of Stihl and Husqvarna as I already have some of their
tools (and with which, I may say, I am very satisfied). But I was hoping
that someone could give me a recommendation based on personal use and
not all tools by any one manufacturer are necessarily equally good.

Based on your advocacy of Mitox I looked to see what feedback Amazon
customers have given, but Amazon have only just started supplying them
this month (7th May) and, in fact, they have none in stock! Either
they're so good that they sold out immediately or they haven't stocked
up yet!

David