Old 24-05-2017, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rodney Pont[_8_] Rodney Pont[_8_] is offline

Default Pond problems?

On Wed, 24 May 2017 08:25:31 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Would disturbing the sediment to remove pickeral have caused it? but if
so why no green water?

That is probably the cause, it would be like a compost heap down there
and disturbing it mixes all of the nutrients up into the water. Green
water needs sun as well as nutrients so maybe the blanket weed is
shading the water?

We had a mink clear out our fish November 2015 and since we are being
demolished for HS2 we haven't bothered restocking.

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;