Old 27-05-2017, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default best brackets for hanging baskets

On 27 May 2017 13:31, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 00:12:51 +0100, kerrygirl
wrote:

Hello,
I need advice on which brackets to buy for my hanging baskets. I want

put them on the wall of my house. I don't want them to rust as we have
repainted and the last brackets left an ugly stain down the wall. They
also need to be strong. I got some from my local shop for a timber

fence
and the following day they bent.

You need them made from stainless steel. Plenty to choose from here,
depending on what style you want: http://tinyurl.com/y7tdvz5o Just
click on an image, the on the 'visit page' tab that appears alongside
the enlarged image, and choose. Make sure they are actually stated as
stainless steel though, because I suspect not all the images are of SS
varieties. Remember that you'll also need to use stainless steel
screws to fix them, otherwise the screws will rust and look just as
bad. Brass screws might also do.

As for brackets bending, they were obviously not up to the job you
gave them. Cut down on the size of basket, or get heavier-duty
brackets. Brackets with a supporting strut or framework will be
stronger than those that are simply a right-angle or shepherd's crook.

Anyone any idea why these Tiny URL links never ever work for me. PC
running Win 10 64 bit.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden