Old 29-05-2017, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Blight or Blackleg

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

On Sun, 28 May 2017 19:33:35 +0100, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

Took your advice and sprayed with Bordeaux Mixture at 23g with a litre of
water. As you suggest, probably won't cure blight but if I can delay it
for
2 or 3 weeks, I may get a decent crop.

After last year's disappointment, there's only 3 allotments growing spuds
this year. I'm the only one using Bordeaux, it'll be interesting to see
how
things pan out.

Bordeaux mixture. I'm not surprised you're the only one using it. Not
available any more. Withdrawn from sale a couple of years ago. Yours
is old stock, I take it. Make it last!

Ouch, thanks Chris, that's a blow. You're right it is old stock. When Nick
recommended it, I didn't realise I had a half uses tub in the garage. It's
dated 2011 :-
https://prnt.sc/fdiv5p so I only have enough for 4 x 1 litre doses !!
Hopeless if I can't get fresh supplies.

give them a buzz tomorrow but I'll bet they only supply farmers OR the
minimum order for Brand X is 50 gallons :-) The question is - what has
replaced Bordeaux?