Old 30-05-2017, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Germinating Pomegranate seeds

On 30/05/2017 10:36, Martin Brown wrote:
Recently an article suggested that pomegranate seeds were quite easy to
germinate. I have rescued some from a pomegranate to that end.

I wonder though how to treat them to obtain germination. They are very
fragile and soft which makes me wonder what animal was normally involved
in their seed distribution in habitat. Can't be anything with teeth as
the seeds are so easily crushed. Ants maybe?

Any suggestions for the optimum conditions for growing them on?
With without the fleshy pith? Dried and rehydrated or fresh?
Any chance of fruiting one in the UK? Or purely ornamental?

You would be better off buying seed of dwarf pomegranate, they keep to a
size where you can crop them in a pot.
http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/F...bra_129867.htm

David @ a dull side of Swansea Bay