Old 01-06-2017, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Toadstools in tubs - getting rid

On 01/06/17 00:41, Jim S wrote:
I have a garden tub which has not been changed for years except to add a
few bedding plants. It is well drained and contains daffodils and crocus.
However, for the first time I have a few white mushrooms appearing. Is
there a way of discouraging/killing them without losing this year's
display?

Well, unless you find them unbearably unsightly, I'd just leave them
alone. They are just Nature's way of recycling, after all. If you
haven't changed anything in the tub for years, there has probably been a
build up of decayable material which you probably haven't noticed.

However, If you don't like them I wouldn't resort to anything chemical
(anything that worked will have been removed from the amateur market),
just pull them out as soon as they appear.

--

Jeff