Old 12-06-2017, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes, red with white spots

In article , TimW wrote:
Emptied my first pot of potatoes this evening. First Earlys, maybe Red
Duke of York (?) they were a lovely pinky red and covered with tiny
white spots. The white spots came off when I scrubbed them under the
tap. What's that then? some kind of fungus?

Dunno, but very likely. Most fungi are saprophytes, and do no harm
to multicellular organisms. And there a a zillion of them!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.