Old 13-06-2017, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bbhaag bbhaag is offline

Default how often should I fertilize?

I was just curious how often you guys fertilize your garden? I purchased
some Fertilome blooming and rooting water soluble fertilizer the other day
and the instructions say to use it every 7-14 days. Is this a good
regimen for plants like peppers, pole beans, tomatoes, onions, red cabbage
ect? The label says its a 9-58-8 fertilizer.

I did till in a cubic yard of mushroom compost and some slow release
fertilizer in early spring. Not sure if that makes a difference but
thought I would throw it out there.

So is a 7-14 day fertilizing schedule ok or overkill?