Old 22-06-2017, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default a bribe seems to be working

On 6/22/2017 8:44 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
I have a recipe for chipmunk stew around here somewhere. Do you want it?
BSEG

jeebus i'd have to be starving to consider
eating one of them. they're so tiny... a lot
of work to clean and prep for just a few bites.
instead when i do have them in the traps i
bury them in the gardens.

We don't have chipmunks but the woods rats come by once in awhile. The
mocking birds seem to take care of other bugs in the garden and they
might take a peck at a tomato every once in awhile.

we don't seem to have those sorts of birds up
here. catbirds are fun. they always make me
smile with their chattery calls.

We're waiting on the almost a hurricane to come by and give us some
rain, maybe, we hope.

good luck and be safe. we're on the edge of
a line of storms now, but perhaps we won't get
much of anything from them. that is ok, we've
had about 7 inches of rain the past several
days. it was dry enough for long enough that
not much ran off.

songbird

Looks like light rain here all day . We need it ... but it does
change my plans for today , no working outside . Original forecast
called for "scattered showers" , but it's been raining steady - though
intensity has varied - since about 1 or 2 am .