Old 23-06-2017, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Perspiring Phal

On 21/06/17 10:34, Roger Tonkin wrote:
I have a phal orchid standing in a nne facing window on the
stairs. It is in flower and another flower stem is growing
strongly. Coming downstairs this morning, I noticed very tiny
drops of liquid on the new flower stalk, just below each joint
(for want of a better/proper word!).

Is this anything significant, normal or just a result of the
heat we are having?

Just been to have a look at the flower stalks on my phals. No sign of
any liquid on them - I can't say that I've seen any in previous years,
too. I doubt that it's due to the heat.

The only thing I would be concerned about if it is isn't just water but
is something like sap. That might attract unwanted insect attention, or
maybe black mould.

--

Jeff