Old 23-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Pug Pug is offline
Registered User

Default Lawn laid in December, new build

Hello,

I am after a little advise. I have a new build and the lawn has been laid prior to move in. As we all probably know. The lawn had been laid on top of rocky top soil. Some are the size of my fist. I was spiking the lawn and it seems really rocky underneath.

Therefore is it possible to have a lush garden in these conditions. The lawn isn't bad but it does seem to have an even amount of dead grass a light yellow in colour preventing it looking lush and green. I have fed it and this seemed to help. I plan on feeding again (3 weeks apart) and seeing if it continues to green up.

Would it be worth me raking the dead grass out before hand? It seeded with fiberous stems about a month ago and they are tough to cut out. I'm sure it's because the roots are not as deep as its fresh laid.

Anyway any advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again