Old 28-06-2017, 03:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Setting up shared discussion Access

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 27/06/2017 17:33, John Williamson wrote:
On 27/06/2017 15:55, john west wrote:

Grateful for any suggestios on an 'easy to set up' solution.

Start a private or secret Facebook group. Administrators have full
control of the page, and users only need a Facebook login and membership
of the group, as well as a web browser newer than IE6 on whatever they
use, be it a phone or a Cray supercomputer. There is no setting up unless
they want to for the users.

If you know of an expert whose expertise you need, you just invite then
to join the group.

Yes, I did this and it was very successful. Due to the fecundity of
Grandma and Grandad Wright I have many uncles and cousins. We are spread
out all over the UK. Following a family crisis we needed a discussion
group, so I created a 'secret' group in Facebook. It works very well.

You're very lucky Bill, I have a previous wife who i wouldn't **** on if she
was on fire, TBH she was great. That's about it except for my son who admits
that he won't look after me when I'm decrepit. Strange how things change
with time. I looked after my parents for many years.
Kids theae days eh? You hafta laugh.
Then we get a pricks like Corbyn/Dave.