Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Radishes have flowers?

On 07/02/2017 10:19 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

Several on my radishes have developed 12 to 18"
stocks with white flowers on the ends. (No they
are not weeds, I matched all their leaves to the
other radishes next to them.)

Do I need to cut them off as I do scapes? Any
words of wisdom?

what's wrong with free radish seeds?
gives the bees and other insects something
to feed upon.

let them ripen, harvest and plant again...

also, consider it free organic material.
do you need that space for another crop? if
no, let it ride.

songbird

Okay, but I want to eat the radishes. Let some seed?
Eat the rest?

Why are they seeding so quick? There is no sign
of a radish under them yet.