Old 03-07-2017, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default a bribe seems to be working

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 01:30:42 -0400, songbird
wrote:

songbird wrote:
i've been trying to get the edamame soybeans
past sprout stage. the first batch were all
eaten by chipmunks as they sprouted.

buggers have eaten almost every one i planted
which sprouted.

so far i think i have about 4 plants out of
a few hundred seeds planted. i'm not sure i
will get any return from them until i harvest.
it's pretty late - i don't expect much of any
thing at all at this point.

not enough time to hunt or trap. the air-gun
needs a bit more sighting in with new ammo and
i haven't had any time for that either.

if i want a crop next year of these i'll have
to get a better fence and/or get the gun sighted
in and/or get the traps out again.

the bribes worked for a short period of time.
i needed them to work longer.

songbird

Neither fencing nor netting keeps out the chipmunks around here. I put
mousetraps around the crops they favor. I am not looking to catch or
kill them, the *******s - just scare them away.