Old 04-07-2017, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default New Pest of all soft skinned fruit

On 3 Jul 2017 21:32, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 01/07/2017 23:45, David wrote:
A good reason to clear all brambles growing wild where possible.

You're kidding right?

A guy down the road from us has just cleared a patch. About an acre.
They are in all the hedges too. There's no way to get anywhere near all
of them.

Our allotment site is surrounded on two sides by brambles, we always
thought of them as a defence but now they could well harbour these
pests. This is a serious problem so why have I not heard a word on
this pest in any of the gardening programs or in The Garden?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden