Old 13-07-2017, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default help with colour in the garden in July

On 12/07/2017 22:45, kerrygirl wrote:

I was looking around my garden today and realised that it was lacking in
flower colour. It looks it's best in May and June with lupins, lillies,
astilbas and hardy geraniums. I have lots of verigated shrubs and of
course bedding plants in containers but I would love more colour in
July. Any ideas please.

Delphiniums last well enough and caster oil, sweet pea (annuals),
passion flower, day lilies and tender cannas are just coming into flower
now. Fragrant honeysuckle and roses are still going nicely too.

Do you have a particular colour scheme in mind?

Even my beans and courgettes add a splash of colour about now.

Best bet visit a garden centre make a note of things you like the look
of in flower and then go and buy them when they are reduced (or pay the
huge "in flower" premium if you must have instant gratification).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown