Old 13-07-2017, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default help with colour in the garden in July

On 13/07/17 08:13, Martin Brown wrote:
On 12/07/2017 22:45, kerrygirl wrote:

Best bet visit a garden centre make a note of things you like the look
of in flower and then go and buy them when they are reduced (or pay the
huge "in flower" premium if you must have instant gratification).

+1

We have a rather strange "garden centre" fairly near. There is always an
odd range of plants available. Sometimes dozens and dozens of the same
plant, and then one or two of a rare, desirable variety. The prices can
be /very/ keen if the plant is not in flower. Best example is rhodos in
late summer or early autumn. Plants around 12 - 18" high in a 7" pot
were three for £5!!! We bought nine (all different) and last spring six
of them flowered. We expect all to flower next spring.

--

Jeff