Old 13-07-2017, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default help with colour in the garden in July

On 12 Jul 2017 22:45, kerrygirl wrote:

I was looking around my garden today and realised that it was lacking in
flower colour. It looks it's best in May and June with lupins, lillies,
astilbas and hardy geraniums. I have lots of verigated shrubs and of
course bedding plants in containers but I would love more colour in
July. Any ideas please.

Looking at our garden now..
Clematis
Honeysuckle (long tubular flowered type)
Hydrangeas
Violas various
Dianthus various
Roses (small patio type, flower all summer)
Lavender
Cannas (Kept growing in greenhouse over winter)
Day Lilies (just finishing)
Geraniums
Pelargoniums (Greenhouse over winter)
Pots of summer bedding stuff
Tuberous Begonias. (tubers kept overwinter and started in greenhouse)
Oleander (planted in sheltered corner)
Pomegranate (as above, couple of flowers)
Agapanthus (good year)
Arum Lily
Alstromeria
Kniphofia