Old 20-07-2017, 08:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Birds distroy too many plants in my garden!

On 19/07/17 20:39, wrote:
My problem is Stellar Jays, who have eaten the petals off most of my
flowers in my garden and I have also caught them eating some of my
succulents as well. I have tried changing plants and flowers but it
seems they will eat almost anything. Do sure what to do at this
point

Sometimes full-sized models of birds of prey carefully placed can keep
some birds away, particularly if you change their position from time to
time.

Also, if you are pestered by one species of bird, intermittently playing
a recording of its alarm call (maybe combined with a model of a raptor)
can often disturb them enough to make them seek easier pickings elsewhere.

--

Jeff