Old 20-07-2017, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Birds distroy too many plants in my garden!

songbird wrote:
davidanddonnie wrote:

My problem is Stellar Jays, who have eaten the petals off most of my flowers in my garden and I have also caught them eating some of my succulents as well. I have tried changing plants and flowers but it seems they will eat almost anything. Do sure what to do at this point

try putting out birdbaths, rinse them out once
a day and refill, or at least every other day.
perhaps what they are after is the moisture in
the leaves/flowers.

never hurts to try.

In dry weather placing birdbaths among flowers is a good idea, also a
birdfeeder would help... jays love cat food kibbles, especially Purina
kitten chow... very reasonably priced in the larger size bag from
Chewy.com.
This makes the best bird bath:
https://www.amazon.com/Saucer-Heavy-...31B2WYG1DGRDT9