Old 22-07-2017, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default garlic time

On 07/20/2017 04:38 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
How soon will you replant? (I am about to harvest
too. Well the remaining ones -- I couldn't wait!)

it depends upon your area's bulb feeders. in my
area nothing bothers garlic so i can replant right
away (it naturally starts regrowing roots in a short
while after the bulbs have formed) but you can wait
up until about when the ground freezes if you have
critters that try to eat all your bulbs.

in such a hot and arid climate you might also be
better off waiting until nearer to the wet season
to replant.

those are my thoughts.

i actually pulled the garlic up a little bit
early, but i had time to do it yesterday before
i had to do some other things. the bulbs are
nicely done and i didn't have to scrape the clay
off so i'll be happy with them. looks like a
nice harvest...

songbird

Garlic from the garden. What a treat! Proof God
loves us (not beer). :-)