Old 22-07-2017, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sun flower sun flower is offline

Default Sun Flowers

I noticed with my sunflowers this year that something has been attacking the
leaves. Various holes appearing in them. I have taken damaged leaves off and
inspected very closely: no sign of leaf miners - and no sign of any other bugs.
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and even went out with a torch
in the dark: but still no sign of anything eating them.
(Slugs and snails are well controlled)
The only thing I have noticed are many ants "farming" their aphids: but I have
always had those with no real holes in leaves in previous years.