Old 23-07-2017, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default The Harvest Begins

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 10:25:58 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
I picked 3 cucumbers this morning , peppers are starting to produce ,
and there are several small okra pods out there . I think we're going to
get a pretty good harvest this year , I've had more time to work out
there . Last year construction was the top priority , this year not so
much though it's close to the top of the list .

--

Snag

My wife has started harvesting and processing tomatoes this week; we'll have enough spaghetti sauce for the next year. Too many cucumbers; fortunately, the sheep haven't tired of them yet. This morning, we picked the first white cucumber. More onions and garlic than one knows what to do with. And the cantaloupes are really huge but not quite ripe yet. The pumpkins are putting forth fruit, but won't be ripe for several months. We've been eating beets, lettuce, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts for some time now. Strawberry season is over; I have a batch of strawberry wine fermenting down in the cellar.

Paul
Maryland, North of Baltimore