Old 29-07-2017, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default 100F plus

On 7/29/2017 6:53 AM, George Shirley wrote:
According to the weather heads we're going to hit 100F late this day.
As it is we've been hitting around 90F or a little higher the last few
days.

Looks like we need to get out and water all the plants before the high
heat hits us. Might possibly save some of the more tender plants. We
have been watering routinely every other day and the plants have been
doing okay but the !00 plus just might do some damage.

Our electric bill generally runs around US$51 every month, this months
is $111.00, due to the air conditioning. Without AC we wouldn't
survive at our age. We have ceiling fans in all the rooms excepting
the bathrooms and the kitchen but fans without AC just means the fans
just push the hot air around.

August is upon us and that month is usually our hottest month of the
year. I reckon this one is going to be the hottest in a good while.

Turned the hoses on already so we shall see.

George

Bummer for y'all , we're getting a bit of relief here . Today's
prediction is for the mid-80's , down from the last couple of weeks that
were in the mid to high 90's . Stay cool .

--

Snag