Old 31-07-2017, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Hotbin composters - any fire risk

On 31 Jul 2017 12:48, Tim Watts wrote:
Hi,

It might seem like a silly question, but is there *any* likelihood of
one of these:

http://www.hotbincomposting.com/

catching fire of its own volition?

This affects whether I site it with my dalek bins under a low hanging
western red cedar tree whose foliage is likely flammable, or whether I
put it over by the fence (OK, the fence gets it, but fire won't spread
or get out of control).

Se made a hotbin with sheets of polystyrene and yes often the compost
was ash in the middle. So Personally I would be careful where I sited
one.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden