Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Blight on Sarpo Mira potatoes

On 2 Aug 2017 23:09, Janet G wrote:
For the last few years I've grown Sarpo Mira potatoes as blight very badly afflicts other maincrop potato varieties. They have always been successfully blight resistant.
This year, I've had a significant number of Sarpo potato plants (perhaps 10% - 15%) yellowing and showing signs of blight and, even this early, the potatoes from those plants have mushy, smelly cores to them. This seems to affect the big potatoes especially. I'm assuming this is blight and quite bad blight. I wonder whether Sarpo Mira is losing its blight resi

stance and whether anyone else is growing it and has similar or different experience.

Probably a new strain of Blight like we had a few years ago. Noticed
some of our outdoor Tomatoes have Blight already and we only grow
Blight Resistant varieties, Ferline, Fantasio and Crimson Crush which
again points to a new strain.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden