Old 04-08-2017, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Hotbin composters - any fire risk

In article ,
says...

On 03/08/17 19:32, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Yes, so you compost it quickly, then what are you going to do
with it?

Put it on the ground Under the hedges, trees, that sort of thing.

I use large volumes of fresh grass cuttings (mine and several
neighbours') exactly like that; they don't need to be composted in a bin
first. I've been doing this for 15 years with no downsides yet.

Lawnmowings under hedges trees shrubs etc act as a weed suppressing
mulch and build soil fertility as they decompose. Birds fossick through
it, continually turning it over and breaking it up as they hunt for
worms etc.

Janet.