Old 04-08-2017, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hotbin composters - any fire risk

On 04/08/17 12:31, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 03/08/17 19:32, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Yes, so you compost it quickly, then what are you going to do
with it?

Put it on the ground Under the hedges, trees, that sort of thing.

I use large volumes of fresh grass cuttings (mine and several
neighbours') exactly like that; they don't need to be composted in a bin
first. I've been doing this for 15 years with no downsides yet.

Lawnmowings under hedges trees shrubs etc act as a weed suppressing
mulch and build soil fertility as they decompose. Birds fossick through
it, continually turning it over and breaking it up as they hunt for
worms etc.

Janet.

That's an idea - I'll try that. Never occurred to me... Thanks!