Old 05-08-2017, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Pickles !

Terry Coombs wrote:

We had enough cucumbers all at once so the wife put up 6 pints of
dill pickles today . In a few days we'll try them and decide if it's
worth the effort to make more - she's never done pickles before . Now I
gotta get in the kitchen and cut the okra up to freeze .

give 'em three weeks or so (unless you have
extras in the fridge ). sometimes i have a
few odds and ends or dollops of extra brine that
i keep in a quart jar in the fridge for snacking.
it still takes a few days for them to brine enough
for my taste.

as a kid i wasn't a fan of dill pickles but
now i like them.

having fresh dill to use is great.

cheers,

songbird