Old 06-08-2017, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blackberries/Brambles

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
On 05/08/2017 22:30, Roger Tonkin wrote:
I usually regard these as autumn fruits, picking
September/October, but this year some are ready now. I've been
picking a few off various bushes in the fields for a couple of
weeks now. There are still bushed just developing fruits and
even some flowers. Has anyone else noticed this or is it
peculiar to this area this year?

Possibly a combination of some early cultivars escaping and an unusually
warm Summer so far? I noticed it last year as well in the South.

The latter. Some wild ones are doing it round here, and I ate one
a week or so ago.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.