Old 07-08-2017, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default composting corn cobs

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of using a lopper.
.. maybe mount it on the work-mate and use it like a paper shear ?
I wouldn't be bothered to dig a hole for a bushel of corn cobs -
that's a big deep hole ! in my clay. .. and I would like to have
the compost - not just dispose of them. Disposal is easy.

i keep worm bins, chop them into pieces and the
worms and fungi eventually break them down.

but for a bunch of them at a time it would be
easier for me to bury them as i usually keep a
trench or hole going for garden debris. i don't
waste any organic materials around here if i
can help it. we have clay with a little sand.
all the organic materials i can find and the
worms do a great job in keeping the gardens
going.

songbird