Old 13-08-2017, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Blackberries/Brambles

Roger Tonkin wrote:
: I usually regard these as autumn fruits, picking
: September/October, but this year some are ready now. I've been
: picking a few off various bushes in the fields for a couple of
: weeks now. There are still bushed just developing fruits and
: even some flowers. Has anyone else noticed this or is it
: peculiar to this area this year?

It is the same in S.E Essex. The local woods are full of brambles
which usually produce little if any fruit but are laden this year.
Our cultivated garden blackberries (Fantasia) are full of ripe fruit.

Tom.

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.