Old 23-08-2017, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Overwintering small pot/hanging basket fuchsia advice please

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 10:28:39 +0100, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

I guess dryness has been the culprit in the past. Problem is, the £2
moisture probes you got in garden centres, had reliability problems. I think
they also measured Ph.

Pick up the pot, a dry pot weighs a darn sight less, you will get to
know which ones need watering, the top can be dry, but the pot may not
need watering, as the roots have enough water.