Old 23-08-2017, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Overwintering small pot/hanging basket fuchsia advice please

"Derek" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 10:28:39 +0100, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

I guess dryness has been the culprit in the past. Problem is, the £2
moisture probes you got in garden centres, had reliability problems. I
think
they also measured Ph.

Pick up the pot, a dry pot weighs a darn sight less, you will get to
know which ones need watering, the top can be dry, but the pot may not
need watering, as the roots have enough water.

That's a good idea. In fact I'll weigh the pot on day 1 and thereafter at
say, weekly intervals.