Old 24-08-2017, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Where is everyone?

On 8/23/2017 10:18 PM, songbird wrote:
Bob F wrote:
George wrote:

The dog and I don't mind being house bound as we can take a nap when we
want to. G

You make me glad to be in Seattle.

George may need water wings this weekend
if the forecast is accurate...

songbird

My best friend of umpteen years was a weatherman in the Air Farce. He
always says forecasting is, at best, a wild ass guess. We've gone
through several hurricanes in various parts of the Texas coast in this
very long marriage. We've only run twice and came home to a home that
wasn't hurt at all. Then, there's always the chance of tornadoes coming
out of the hurricane and carrying house and all somewhere else.

We're about forty miles north of Houston proper with very few trees
around us. Trees falling on houses due to the tornadoes within the
hurricane is fairly common so we don't have many trees here.

I once rode out a hurricane aboard a USN destroyer and it wasn't fun but
we made it out okay. That was scary but I've never been afraid of
hurricanes one the ground. I guess you get used to bad weather when you
live this long and, what the hell, you have to go sometime and I'm tired
all the time. G

George