Old 30-08-2017, 12:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Mo' rain

On 8/29/2017 7:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/29/2017 5:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/29/2017 5:53 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 8/29/2017 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

Sounds like you are in good shape and can handle what comes. My wife
has an old friend closer to the Gulf with at least one son in Huston
and I would not want to be there.
We're old hands at this sort of thing, married in December 60 and
still hanging in there. We've lived in three US states, six counties
of Texas, two foreign countries, and on the Gulf Coast of Texas in a
beach cabin for a bit. That last was my favorite, walk down the
stairs, walk across the beach and catch lunch. We actually have flown
around the world several times, every time we came home from overseas
we took a different route. I'm very happy to be near my get and can
talk to them at any time. The best part of being old, we get to keep
the great grands from time to time and have lots of fun. Our eldest
great granddaughter will soon be seventeen and we have one grandchild
married not long ago and we will wait for more greats. I wouldn't
have believed it if someone told me I would such a large family when
I married at 21. It's a big, noisy time at holidays and I get tired
out but go to bed with a big grin on my face. Would think it way back
when.

Have not lived in different places much and only have 2 granddaughters
age 2 1/2 and 17 but there are another 3 kids from son's wives
previous marriagesÂ* Three sons, furthest 10 miles away and closest 1
mile.Â* It is nice having families around close by at our age.

Â* Depends on how close . When they move in with you ... and now we live
177 miles from them . And that's just about right . Lot left unsaid ,
but it wasn't a cozy situation and we were planning on moving up here
anyway .

We help them now more than they help us. With both parents working my
wife often has to help with the kids.
All own homes and make good money so I doubt any will move back. The
American dream is to have kids better off then you and they mostly are
for us.