Old 02-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Default New UK Garden Site

and.........if you go over there in September consider the flower and veggi
show in Harrogate......not the largest show by any means but a chance to see
some of the worlds record produce in terms of size etc. example...the
world's record for an onion wieghing in at an ounce or so short of 17 lbs.
(around 7 3/4 kilos for the European bods.).

HW.
"Julia Green" wrote in message

"Ann" wrote in message That's the one place I didn't
get to, so, guess what? I've just gotta
go back!! G

We'll definitely be going back, although I think Ireland (for the second
time) is next on the agenda. Did see Reynolds' Butterstream Gardens when

we
went in '98. Stayed at a wonderful country estate B&B whose hostess had

her
cooking certificate from the Ballymaloe Cookery School, so the food was
great.

Oh--correction: Lloyd's garden is Great Dixter, not Hidcote.