Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark[_17_] Mark[_17_] is offline

Default Mice eating Courgettes,Pumpkins

Any ideas about stopping rodents from eating all our courgettes and
pumpkins? I've tried rat poison, netting, and water traps. Last year they
attacked the tomatoes and we lost a good quarter of the crop.

Any new suggestions would be appreciated and tried. We live in a small
town and rodents will always be everwhere (it took a few years but the
house is now mouse / rat proof). Neighbours brought in a couple chickens so
hopefully the mice will migrate over that way. We'll be using live traps
soon -----

This newsgroup has been good with providing a lot of interesting and
usefull ideas. Hoping this thread will find something new.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Thompson