Old 09-09-2017, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default the storm

On 9/8/2017 7:44 PM, songbird wrote:
Derald wrote:
Yikes! Just walked through and noticed this hadn't been posted
yet. A little preoccupied, though. I'm told a storm is coming.

yep, i thought you were already gone.

the predicted track went back east and then has
gone west again.

i don't envy anyone in the path.

be safe.

songbird

Isn't that strange, have lived on one coast or more for years on years,
rode out a few hurricanes, always bought houses on high ground. Harvey
just dropped about 50 inches of well-needed rain on us and ripped up
Houston proper. We never lost power, etc. through the whole storm. Then
along comes another one and it hit Florida. Probably another one will be
coming along.

We've always been lucky, none of our families has ever lost a house, not
much ever but a few trees. And a cow disappeared once upon a hurricane,
never found her again. I reckon a rustler got the cow or tornado in the
storm got her. At least I never had to get up early and milk her again.G

George