Old 10-09-2017, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default the storm (was: Today's due diligence

Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:
Derald wrote:

[...hmmm, hope this doesn't show up twice, but something
odd happened when i tried to send this...]

Yikes! Just walked through and noticed this hadn't been posted
yet. A little preoccupied, though. I'm told a storm is coming.

yep, i thought you were already gone.

the predicted track went back east and then has
gone west again.

i don't envy anyone in the path.

be safe.

Well,hope you don't mind but I'll break protocol here and post a
portion of private correspondence he

no problem with me since nothing in there is
what i would consider private to me.

irresponsible but approaches reprehensible and definitely is a
disservice. The only, only, only tracking forecast that means anything
comes from the National Hurricane Center at 6-hour intervals.

that is all i actually have been following up until i
noticed the change from one direction back to the other.
it was "interesting"... i don't watch tv or the news
that much at all.

All of
that other bs like "european" and "spaghetti" models and "forecasts" and
multicolor zones of probability have nothing to do with reality or with
actually informing the public, IMO. I see them simply as additional
layers of "gee-whiz" technological eye candy intended to give the
station "public service" bragging rights and to keep the rubes tuned in
for the next commercial break. I mean, with enough garbage on the
screen, the more likely they are to be able to brag about their
"accuracy"; hah! I ask you, "What the hell good is a multicolor, moving
radar display that is 3-to-12 minutes behind reality?" I hope I don't
ever need radar to let me know it rained 6 minutes ago but I guess, "it
could happen".

as i've watched the local radar for many years
now i can say that it has helped a few times when
storms looked to be heading this way, but as you
know we have a lot of things that break up when
they get near so ... it is only for warning
purposes. i surely do watch the horizon here when
the weather seems potentially going to mess me up
or my plans for the day. now, what is funny is
that even with such things available it didn't do
any good the day when the small tornade came within
a few hundred yards of us. i happened to be busy
and didn't notice until afterwards that the neighbor's
garage was missing...

So there you have it, 'bird: The Full Monty.

my eyes! my eyes!

you know, i figured that container could be a
pretty safe space, but i would not want to get
"stuck" in there if some debris got wedged against
the door... if we don't hear from you in a week
or two i'll send someone to knock. you should
have enough food and water for that timeframe,
but air? got holes/winders?

songbird