Old 14-09-2017, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default rose hips

wrote:
Hi all ;
There seems to be a bumper-crop of rose hips, this year -
I've never harvested them before - any special advice ?
Are there any to avoid ? I will google-search some web sites
for info, but thought I'd ask here also.

the seeds may harbor small flying antlike creatures
so if you store them after drying you probably don't
want to store them inside.

i only picked a few the one time. i didn't do much
of anything with them or the seeds.

there were hairs in there with the seeds.

songbird